Monday, April 19, 2010

Four going on Sixteen?

So it was a quiet Sunday morning. We had just finished our breakfast of pancakes and sausage. My husband and I were downstairs reading the morning paper while the boys were upstairs playing. Or so I thought. Now I realize I should have been more suspicious of the quiet and utter lack of banging and yelling. Anyway the four year old comes downstairs holding his chin which is bleeding with both hands. There is blood all over his hands as well. Questioning the six year old was no help. Apparently he was absorbed on the computer and saw nothing. Or so he claims... Finally, the four year old confessed. He was in our bathroom and decided to give shaving a try. Just took daddy's razor and cut the skin right off his chin. I'm just amazed he wasn't hysterical crying. He went around the rest of the day with a Diego bandage on his chin. Personally, I think he was proud of himself. I told my husband he better keep his blades on a higher shelf from here on out.

8 comments:

Mama-Face said...

Whoa, that could have been so much more terrible. It seems like you just took it in stride; which means these types of things happen often? ;)

(I so thought you were talking about a girl when I read the title. haha. I didn't really think that through, did I?)

Macey said...

Scary! Anytime I see blood I get really nervous. :/

shortmama said...

I think I would have freaked out!

Tracie said...

I literally cringed when I read that. Ouch!

ScoMan said...

That so would have been me as a big brother. I never knew how the little ones hurt themselves due to a TV screen or a video game.

Sounds like a higher shelf is a good idea though.

Elle said...

Oh! Poor guy! I just got chills reading about cutting himself with a razor. When they're quiet it's never ever a good sign.

Liz Mays said...

That is NOT what I expected to hear had happened! I'm shocked! Poor little dude just wantin' to grow up...

The Only Girl said...

OMG! This is totally something my youngest would do. I'm surprised he hasn't thought of it yet. But thanks for the heads up! It helps to be prepared.