Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fool's Pranks in Mexico

Yesterday the four year old had school and the six year old didn't. Excited about his day off of school, I told him that he would be going to school with the four year old. At first, he assumed I was joking but when we arrived at the school, he started to believe me. "I don't want to go to their school! It's for babies!" The four year old was concerned that the six year old didn't have a coat hook labeled with his name but I told him that no one would mind if he hung his jacket on an unlabeled hook. That's when the tears started. "No pleeeease Mom! I don't want to go to school!" Is it wrong that I found this to be hilariously funny? Anyway I let him know I was only April Fooling and we went on with our day. We went out for lunch with my sisters and brother about a half hour or so away from home and the six year old kept asking where we were going. Of course, since we were going to Baja's Mexican Grill, I told him we were going to Mexico for lunch. Despite the fact that he seemed like he didn't believe us and we told him he would know we arrived in Mexico when he saw the sombreros and the Mariachi band, he told my husband all about it when he got home. "Dad, we went to Mexico for lunch. They had a Taco Bell there and everything!"

10 comments:

Jennifer Haas said...

That is so funny. I love that he thought he went to Mexico. I could totally see my kids saying the same thing!!

Ian said...

I love the cruelty!

Together We Save said...

So cute!! isn't wonderful and kinda scary how kids believe everything we say.

Macey said...

I told my 6 year old that we were having Spinach for dinner. He cried.

shortmama said...

See Im just not that creative because I couldnt think of anything to do to my kids!

Liz Mays said...

You're so mean with your pranks! LOL Taco Bell in Mexico...that was funny too!

palomita said...

heehee! that was a fun prank

obladi oblada said...

You do realize dont you, that you will have to pay for your fun, right? Someday they will April fool YOU.

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh, you are so awesome! I am laughing so hard right now. I love it!

ScoMan said...

Hahah this was great.

And I love that you made a child cry in the name of April Fool's day.. I'm not saying that with any sort of sarcasm. I really mean it.

I plan on making my niece cry with an April Fool's prank on year. She's only two now though, so she wouldn't get it.