Thursday, September 10, 2009

Remembering 9/11

Most people when they talk about 9/11 it is what they were doing on 9/11/2001. Personally I was in a plane. That's right I had a flight early that morning which got diverted to Baltimore after the President grounded all aircraft so I never made my final destination which was Jamaica. (N.B. I still haven't been to Jamaica unfortunately, my hubby thinks it is jinxed) In the airport fear was rampant at one point rumors of a bomb scare set everyone running from the terminal only to be stopped in baggage claim by officers in SWAT uniforms. Anyway I ended up taking Amtrak home. But that isn't the 9/11 I remember most. For me 9/11 recalls 9/11/03 which is my eldest son's birthday. I was admitted the night before and was finally fully dilated that morning and was pushing to the sound of the annual reading of the names from ground zero. All in all a pretty unforgettable day.

No comments: