Friday, February 12, 2010

On Being Driven Insane

My husband just lost his job. Well he works for himself so it really isn't like he's going on unemployment or anything. Let me start at the beginning. My husband is a painting contractor. When I first met him, his work was really busy in the summer but petered out during the winter. He would spend at least a couple of days every week at home because of the lack of work. As the years went by he got busier so at one point he was working seven days a week to stay ahead. A couple of years ago he landed a really big job which has enabled him to work only five days a week. Unfortunately now that the job is finished, he is home everyday until he books a new one. Here is how that has gone:

Day 1: Spend entire day on facebook.
Day 2: Accomplish one item on the "honey do" list while taking breaks every twenty minutes to get on facebook.
Day 3: Follow me around as I drop off kids, go to bank, do food shopping, pick up kids, go to Staples etc. etc. all the while updating Facebook via his Blackberry. Also, spend various intervals complaining about how he hates to be home.
I estimate he has less than a week to get a job before we drives us/me insane and forces us/me to kill him.

8 comments:

Macey said...

Oh no!! How frustrating, both him following you around and the fact that he's looking for work! :(
Maybe he could get hired at Facebook...

shortmama said...

I KNOW what you mean! My hubs has been slow at work too and has been home off and on over the last couple of weeks....every day about noon he talks about being bored...and he messes up my schedule!

Lisa Anne said...

I would go crazy too. LOl hopefully he finds a job soon. I don't facebook, I heard it's as addicting as a drug. LOL So is blogging though. LOL

The Only Girl said...

Send him over to my house. I've got a long honey-do list that he could work on.

Anne said...

I would totally kill my husband if he were home every day. I look forward to the time I spend alone in the house. I hope he books a new job soon. Having him around a couple of days a week sounds perfect.

Anonymous said...

hhhmmmmm..... well you haven't posted in awhile. Are you in jail? Did you kill him? haha! Just kiddin!

Tracie said...

OMG. I can't stand it when my husband has a day off during the week. On the weekends the kids are in his face or watching him play video games. But during the week he wants me to cook for him, have sex with him, and generally adore him. Blech.

Anonymous said...

i easily enjoy your own writing style, very interesting,
don't quit and also keep writing as a result it simply just that is worth to read it.
looking forward to looked over more of your own articles, good bye ;)