Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Story of The Six Year Old and Mr Hyde

Once upon a time there was a six year old who didn't get enough sleep. He went to school on Monday came home cranky, took a nap in the afternoon and stayed up too late. He went to school on Tuesday, came home, took a nap in the afternoon and claimed not to be tired at 10:00pm. He went to school on Wednesday, came home did his homework and became Mr. Hyde right around dinnertime. I was preparing dinner and he was have a screaming, yelling, jumping up and down, throw himself on the floor, terrible two tantrum because I wasn't doing a craft with him. (I probably wouldn't have done the craft anyway since I hate crafts but this time I had a legitimate excuse as I was COOKING DINNER!) Anyway, the hubby walks in on this rampage and informs the six year old that since our children don't behave like screaming gorillas (his words not mine) he must have been switched at birth. He proceeded to pretend call the hospital to tell them they made a terrible mistake. The six year old was not amused. At dinner, I informed Mr. Hyde that since he was misbehaving and telling us how he hates us and wishes he could make us disappear among other lovely thoughts which crossed his mind, he was no longer allowed to play his Nintendo DS for the rest of the week. Mr Hyde was never seen again.

7 comments:

Macey said...

I wonder if Mr. Hyde made a visit to my house last night, too?! Freaky lil buggers when they do that!

Ed said...

I love it when moms play hardball.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ohh the joys of parenting! I hope I am a good mother to survive it!

shortmama said...

I need to figure out what to do to get rid of the teenage attitude in my 7 year old daughter...seriously driving me nuts

Claudya Martinez said...

When your husband made the pretend call to the hospital what did they say about the mix up?

Lisa Anne said...

That's why I only have one child. LOL JK

Lisa Anne said...

I didn't get the reader till christmas. LOL You so need to put it on your B-day wish list. Did you read Cassie's comment, she posted after you. She has one and loves it too! Best thing EVER. lol