Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What the Hell Wednesday - Men














So everyday when I go to pick up the four year old from school, he gives me a hard time. He runs and hides from me. He tells me he doesn't want to go home. Obviously, preschool is more fun than coming home, having lunch and taking a nap. Anyway, yesterday, when the four year old finally decided he was ready to go, all the kids in the class came up to get a goodbye hug from him. Seriously, you would think he was going off to war or something. Sometimes my life is a WTH moment.


My husband has been trying to get a second job. Something with night hours. So Hertz called him up and offered him a job provided that he was willing to jump through some hoops. They wanted to do a DMV check, a drug test, and a background check....(so that they know he's qualified to wash their cars) Anyway they call him up because apparently they are having trouble verifying where he went to high school. Apparently the people who work there now don't remember him from thirty years ago. (Shocking, I know.) Did they have computer records back then? Anyway, they called him up to go to an orientation class on Monday (because apparently there is a right and wrong way to wash and park rental cars) So my husband goes off armed with the address, mapquest directions printed out and my gps plugged into his car. He gets lost. WTH? So like a man, he comes home, having not attended the class, having jumped through the Hertz hoops for nothing (since now he's "done with this job") and angry at me because "the GPS didn't work" WTH? Listen, I am totally willing to pull my weight around here and do all the evening chores since my husband has to work two jobs. But I seriously object to having to do all the damn work when he doesn't have a job and is just in a funk because he doesn't know how to follow directions or (God forbid) ask someone for help. So now he has to start all over again looking for a job and jump through someone else's hoops. BTW, did you know you had to answer a 34 page personality test to apply for a job at Pathmark? Seriously, I've met people there with less personality than rocks. How they passed that test is beyond me.
Check out Stacy and Elle for some more WTH moments.

10 comments:

Macey said...

So what's Pathmark? I can't believe all the hoops for washing cars at Hertz. Wonder if they do that for people who wash cars at a regular 'ol carwash.
Weird. :/

Kat said...

Your life and mine, too...WTH moments LOL

Claudya Martinez said...

WTH, indeed! I can't believe he just gave up and came home after all that hoop jumping.

Stacy said...

That's funny about Pre-school! I would definitely choose the nap and lunch! Gee, isn't it your fault he got lost? It's always my fault when my husband does stupid stuff.

Thanks for joining us today!

shortmama said...

WTH for sure!!

ScoMan said...

Getting lost even with Mapquest directions is something my dad would do.

Cracking the shits with a potential employer and coming home vowing never to work for them (or indeed, shop there again) because you couldn't find the place is something I would do.

You're right, it's a man thing.

obladi oblada said...

Going off to war....that cracked me up. Yeah, the background checks for washing cars is crazy. Are they afraid he's going to steal the water? Or maybe use too much soap? WTH is right. And men ASK for directions? No way.

Anonymous said...

A 34 page personality test?? Wow. Thats crazy!

Anne said...

Did Hertz ever call to find out what happened to him? I always wonder what happens if someone doesn't show up. I am sorry he missed the training. Maybe he could attend the next one?

Kat said...

I have something for you over on my blog. :)