Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WTH is with me lately?!?


My kids being red blooded Americans did their patriotic duty and brought home a butt load of candy for Halloween. Now here's where I let you in on the dirty secret. I rarely let them eat candy. Okay on Halloween they had a couple of pieces and maybe two additional pieces since then but that's pretty much it. So what have I been doing with all this junk? I'll tell you. I've been eating it. I, who generally doesn't have a sweet tooth, and would rather have a beef patty than a chocolate bar, have been scarfing down the candy at regular intervals. I would excuse myself if say, I was having a craving for skittles or snickers and then went to find one. No, me?, I've been going in the kitchen and out of a utter laziness to make myself something eat a piece of candy in lieu of what I actually want. Seriously, I need help. So should I just take the entire bag of candy and chuck it or what? Do you ever find yourself eating things you don't really want?

9 comments:

Pamela said...

only if by chuck it you mean give it to your sisters

obladi oblada said...

Hmm...I have a candy addiction myself so I dont have any advice except to go ahead and eat it.:) I know, Im no help.

Unknown said...

send it to me!!!!!!

Joyce said...

I recently started Invisalign for my teeth. You're not supposed to eat or drink anything but water with the trays in. You take them out for meals. Let me tell you, my snacking and coffee drinking are way down. It's kind of a pain taking them in and out for just a snickers bar : ) I think I'm going to have straight teeth and a smaller waist when I'm through!

Macey said...

Um. I shouldn't have looked at that picture.

yanonymous said...

i will literally drive down to help you 'get rid of' that candy

shortmama said...

I know what ya mean. I normally could give a crap less about candy but this year...the freakin chocolate took over my life!

Anonymous said...

I eat junk I dont want all the time. And then I get so irritated.

I say,

Let the kids keep some, and donate the rest to your local soup kitchen.

Then the kids are happy, youre happy cause its gone, and the people at the soup kictchen get a treat too.

Anne said...

I have been eating a fair amount of candy myself since Halloween. I do the same thing when I don't feel like cooking.