Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Bucket List

Okay so my sister sent me an article written by Jen Lancaster. If you haven't read anything by her, you're missing out cause she's amazing. Anyway she's thinking about if she should write a bucket list and reading what's on other people's bucket lists. Apparently, people have these visions of themselves going on African safaris, jumping out of airplanes, climbing tall mountains and other extremely hard, semi-suicidal things.

Personally, I'm with Jen, "not-dying" is pretty high up on my list. I'd like to live to see my grandchildren, which means I need to live at least thirty more years cause my daughter is only four months old. I'd also like to retire. Isn't that boring? I was talking to a co-worker who just got laid off her day job and pretty much she described my perfect day. All day in bed reading, get up to eat, pee and then...go back to bed. Yeah I'd like to live to see a couple of days like that. I'd also wouldn't mind being able to burn that mortgage. Sooo 29 years, eleven months and counting..... I guess I don't need a bucket list since I don't have any lofty goals for myself. Does that make me boring or just lazy???

5 comments:

Liz Mays said...

You know you're right! Let's kick the bucket to the curb!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to go to Ireland before I die. That would be awesome!

Ms. de Leon said...

My bucket list just has all the books I need to read and movies I need to watch before I die.

Macey said...

I don't know what it means, I just know I don't have one either. Seriously. And I don't care!

Anne said...

I love Jen Lancaster. Not dying is always a good choice for something to aspire to.