Monday, August 3, 2009

Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde

My poor son work up with a horrid rash on his legs, back and stomach. So as per doctor's orders, I gave him a dose of Benadryl. Now Benadryl is supposed to make you sleepy but I am a bit of an insomniac so rarely pay attention to drowsy warnings and continue on my day. However, I though my three year old boy would surely go down for a nice nap. No. Instead we had the appearance of Mr. Hyde (the terrible threes amplified) Everything he wanted he yelled at the top of his lungs. Me"Would you like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" Him: "Noooooooo. I want haaaaaam and cheeese" Me: "I don't have any ham, would you like grilled cheese." Him: "Nooooooooo" (screaming tantrum on the floor) Just cheese." That's right, my lovely usually agreeable son ate just cheese and apple juice for luch, no bread, just cheese. He refused to go outside and demanded to be taken to the pool, got dressed in his swimsuit and then refused to go outside for over an hour because he wanted to play trains while wearing the swimsuit. (Insert eyeroll here) Anyway I've decided his horrid behavior is due to the drugs and from now on we will just say no.

No comments: