Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm only trying to help!

My kids must have dual personaliites. My oldest son will be screaming "Mom I need your help!" and when I get ther he won't let me help. "I can do it" he says. Can you believe it? I don't. So when I am allowed to help I get "That's not how you do it." Well excuuuse me. Am I the one who foisted herself into this so that I could mess up his day. No. Nor was I the one who was yelling at the top of my lungs downstairs for help. So today I am working on his reading with him. (He's 5) So I'm trying to show him how to sound words out by breaking them into smaller words. He decides it would be more fun to take a nap. I've never been so insulted in my life. The boy probably hasn't taken a nap since he was three which means of course he is going to be up until all hours of the night with me. There better not be any show I want to watch on tv. Well anyway, he may be stubborn but he must fall down and bow to my superior stubbornness because he will finish his worksheet before nightfall today or we will die trying.

No comments: